Sunday 23 June 2013

Going to see "Man of Steel" (Movie Critique) #Spoilers

So the other day I went to see the new superman movie called "Man of Steel". I enjoyed the movie but I had a few problems.


Firstly, I was getting a vibe of the old testament... how Miriam mother of Moses sent him in the basket so he wouldn't be killed. This was parallel to Lara sending infant Kal-El to earth to protect him. Overall I think it was a very religious movie Superman came to save the people of Earth and so on...
Secondly, the actions scenes, which were awesome BTW, were really hard to understand they moved so fast and destroyed many buildings :)
Other than that I liked the movie I thought it was an interesting take on the story but it looked like a combination of "Avatar", "The Dark Knight", "Alien 4" and of course "The Matrix", but if I'm being honest every new movie looks like one of these movies (these movies sold tickets because they were really good, that is the reason everyone copy them!!).
I needed to include that Henry Cavill is extremely good looking even when he wears the glasses of Clark Kent. However, I needed to add that I'm not a shallow person I don't judge an actor by his looks! Henry Cavill did a good job I think to erase from my memory the horrendous movie of Super-man from 2006. Just wanted to add that I'm a fan of Cavill from way back "The Count of Monte Christo" of 2002, Irrelevant Information seriously he was 18-19 at the time. Also, I love Amy Adams and the rest of the cast...



Information about the Movie
Name: "Man of Steel" (2013)
Director: Zack Snyder ("300"- I'm also a fan of that movie at least visually)
Cast: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm#cast
My rating: 7/10 , A good reboot but what happened to Superman's trunks?! makes you wonder why on earth did he wore it in the first place, they are so idiotic looking (who wears panties or trunks on tights?!).

*image courtesy of Facebook, Man of Steel