Saturday 26 October 2013

A new blog series: visiting original movies (#II- that are now or have been remade) "RoboCop" (1987) (II- Irrelevant Information)


So I thought I would do something new, I should revisit old movies that were remade recently Because Hollywood is pretty much dead and they rarely do new materials (new movies).
The first one is "RoboCop" (1987) (#II- one of my favorite).


How I missed the old days when they did movies so violently and so cool that even if you were young when you saw them you will love them forever, and you won't be traumatized by the gore and its violent nature.
This movie was one of the movies that got me interested in Cinema (#II- the other part is that my family is in the business). An excellent story about a cop that is turned into a robot, and how he deals with it, how he's personality surfaces through the metal.
Also I'm in love with the line: "Dead or a love you're coming with me" (#II- I can actually do a pretty good Peter Weller/RoboCop impersonation for this line).

One of the reasons I love this movie so much is because of the squibs (#II- they are the fake blood that explode wherever you get shot and look so realistically as appose for today virtual blood that they do in movies). The other thing is that it is just a really good movie and for no apparent reason (#II- only making more money) they are remaking it and destroying a classic.
Honestly I won't even bother to watch the new RoboCop!!!

Information about the movie:
name: RoboCop
Director: Paul Verhoeven (#II- he made Starship Troopers, and another movie that got remade - Total Recall)
Cast: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093870/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
Rating: 9.5/10. Just go watch for the squibs, honestly you'll thank (#II- I'm not promising that you won't be traumatized)

*Image courtesy of IMDB.